Tuesday, February 28, 2012

March 2012 Newsletter-Schedule


February 2012 marked the loss of the most beloved of gig-mobiles, our 1994 Toyota Camry station wagon. It was the fault of a clueless teenager, not looking where he was going, who pulled out in front of me as I was driving to a gig, forcing a collision. It did minor damage to his rear bumper, but thoroughly smashed my front end.

And of course due to the age of the car, the insurance company wasted no time in declaring it a total loss, and offering a pathetic pittance in compensation. Fortunately I was not injured, and even managed to get my gear into another vehicle and actually made it to the gig. I was probably not at my best, but I do have one simple rule I try to follow in life: show up.
But wait, there's more. Click "read more" to, you know, like, read more - about the really the weird part.

The really weird part - a little over three years ago, I was in an accident, in a different car but at the exact same intersection, in the exact same way - some idiot pulling out into moving traffic without looking, right into my path. Boom. That one was much worse for me; we collided hard and I spun out across the road, over the embankment and into a cornfield. Needless to say when I had this most recent crash, the flashbacks to that previous accident were not pleasant. But the memory of how bad the earlier one was helped me evaluate myself after this latest one and made it easy to conclude I was not injured, just shaken up and pissed.

So farewell to a fine vehicle, it served me and Crystal well. Life goes on, although we are short one automobile and with the settlement we are getting, we'll be lucky to afford a go-cart.


Speaking of life going on, plenty of acoustic shows going on in March, hope you'll be coming out!
No Hectic Red shows this month, but you will be able to catch us twice in April: April 7 at Surf City, and April 28 at McAvoy's. And Technicolor Motor Home will be playing Rams Head Annapolis on May 25. tickets are on sale, go to http://tickets.ramsheadonstage.com/

Here's the March schedule details:

MARCH 2012:

Fri.  Mar.  2, 8 p.m.
SOLO ACOUSTIC at Serra Brothers Sports Pub
2021 Liberty Road, Eldersburg MD 21784 410-795-5600
www.serrabrothersitaliandeli.com

Fri.  Mar.  9, 9 p.m.
SOLO ACOUSTIC at Rafael's
32 W.  Main St., Westminster, MD 410-840-1919
www.rafaelsrestaurant.com

Sat.  Mar.  10
Duo with Brian private event

Sun.  Mar.  11, 9 p.m.
SOLO ACOUSTIC at Hightopps
2306 York Rd., Timonium, MD 21093 410-560-7101

Thurs.  Mar.  15, 9 p.m.
ACOUSTIC DUO with Brian Comotto at The Still (An Poitin Stil)
2323 York Rd., Timonium, MD 21093 410-560-7900
www.thestill.net
www.briancomotto.com

Fri. Mar.  16, 9 p.m.
SOLO ACOUSTIC at Johansson's
4 W.  Main St., Westminster, MD 410-876-0101
www.johanssonsdininghouse.com

Sat.  Mar.  17, 9 p.m.
SOLO ACOUSTIC at Gunner's Grille
5525 Taneytown Pike, Taneytown, MD 21787 410-756-1080
www.gunnersgrille.com/

Sun.  Mar.  25, 9 p.m.
SOLO ACOUSTIC at Hightopps
2306 York Rd., Timonium, MD 21093 410-560-7101

Sat.  April 7, 10 p.m.
with HECTIC RED at Surf City
9654 Belair Rd.  Perry Hall MD 21236 410-256-7873 Hectic Red returns to this great concert style venue in Perry Hall!
www.hecticred.com

2 comments:

  1. Appeal your settlement to the Md. Insurance Commision - they are on your side, and hold the insurance companies feet to the fire.

    ReplyDelete