Saturday, October 29, 2011

November 2011 Newsletter-Schedule

October was an intense month! I played three classical guitar wedding gigs,Technicolor Motor Home at the 8x10, another reunion gig with my old band Spectrum, a benefit show with  Dave DeMarco at Surf City, on top of the regular acoustic gigs, my monthly duo with Brian Comotto at the Still, and teaching a few guitar students at Coffey Music...well, more like 45 students. Crystal and I even squeezed in a romantic stay-over at the  Gramercy Mansion. I finished the month with a solo gig at a house party in Columbia, during a snowstorm...in October.



So what's up for November? A relatively calm month, but still definitely a lot of fun. I'll have my acoustic guitar in hand for solo gigs at two of my favorite venues: Gunner's Grille and Rafael's.
I'll be doing duos with two of my favorite people: with Brian again at the Still, and with Elena Martin at O'Lordan's.  And I'll be reuniting with an old friend, guitarist Rich Tipton. Rich and I spent many a Wednesday night at Johansson's Down Under a few years ago, having spontaneous musical conversations and letting the sparks fly. We're going to re-create the magic for one set as opening act for a  
Kelly Bell acoustic show at Giulianova Groceria.Yes, groceria.

November also marks a landmark historic event: Nigel Tufnel Day.
I will be doing my part to recognize the maximum eleven-ness of the legendary guitarist of the even more legendary band, Spinal Tap. More to come.

And here's a preview for December:


Hectic Red fans rejoice - the Red returns to the Barn on Dec. 3.
So mark your calendars, get a babysitter or whatever you need to do, just don't miss this show!

Now without further ado, the full November schedule:

Sat. Nov. 5 - SOLO ACOUSTIC at Gunner's Grille, 9 p.m.
5525 Taneytown Pike, Taneytown, MD 21787 410-756-1080
www.gunnersgrille.com 
Live music returns to Taneytown - Gunner's is a great new
restaurant with a perfect mix of excellent food and a casual
but classy ambience.  You will love it!

Fri. Nov. 11 - SOLO ACOUSTIC at Rafael's, 9 p.m.
32 W.  Main St., Westminster, MD 410-840-1919

Sat. Nov. 12 - DUO with Rich Tipton at Giulianova, 7 p.m.
11 E.  Main St., Westminster, MD 21157 410-876-7425
Rich and I will be opening for another Kelly Bell acoustic show.
We'll be playing some cool classic rock and letting the sparks fly!

Thurs. Nov. 17 - ACOUSTIC DUO with Brian Comotto at
The Still (An Poitin Stil), 9 pm
2323 York Rd., Timonium, MD 21093 410-560-7900
A new monthly tradition!  Brian and I know approximately
one million songs.  Never a dull moment!
www.briancomotto.com 

Fri. Nov. 18 - SOLO ACOUSTIC private event

Sat. Nov. 19 - day:
SOLO CLASSICAL wedding

Sat. Nov. 19 - night:
ACOUSTIC DUO with Elena Martin at O'Lordan's, 9 pm
14 Liberty St., Westminster, MD 21157 410-876-0000
www.olordansirishpub.com
The duo's favorite place to play!

Hope to see you out there!

------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment